View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #29
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
bladetech8 is an unknown quantity at this point
That's definitely a 91-95 180SX VLSD, I have the exact same thing. That 4-bolt cooling finned diff cover is only obtainable from JDM S13/180SX that came with VLSD's if I am not mistaken.

JDM S13/180SX 5-Bolt axles are exactly the same length as the USDM 6-Bolt 240SX axles.
The J30 passenger side axle is going to be a hair bit longer, but the J30 driver side axle will be straight bolt on.

I'd recommend you get the Z32 driver side axle (shorter one on a Z32) for your 240SX passenger side axle (longer one on a 240SX) if you're looking for a bolt on 5-bolt axle for the passenger side. The Z32 has a much wider track than the 240SX, so that's why you can use the shorter Z32 axle in place of the longer 240SX axle.

Here's some measurements:

S13 Stock Axle lengths:
(At Rest State) measured from flange to axle end of thread:
- Driver Side: 23.5"
- Passenger Side: 25.0"

J30 Stock Axle Lengths:
(At Rest State) measured from flange to axle end of thread:
- Driver Side: 23.5"
- Passenger Side: 25.5"

[Note the J30 Passenger side axles being 1/2" longer than the 240SX]

I also highly recommend you do NOT use any remanufactured axles from Autozone, Kragen, O'Reilly's, NAPA, etc.. Those are horribly remanufactured axles from A1-CarDone and they will be clicking on you the second you put them on.. Unless you get super lucky and score a good one on your first try.. Most people have to go through 3-6 axles before finding one that doesn't click immediately.. So I'd stick to USED OEM axles if possible! Just look for one that has decent condition CV boots.
bladetech8 is offline   Reply With Quote