View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Actually if your compression numbers are the same across the board you are probably fine.

You should check the back of the head for the single bolt locating the coilpack harness. That little clip on the firewall is not nearly as important.

Compression can show low if you crank slowly and forget to hold the throttle open. Also if you have large cams, or if your camshafts are installed a tooth off, they will also show low across the board like that.

I definitely think you need to re-do the compression test. this time, make sure all plugs are out first, and use a REALLY strong battery, and hold the throttle open. jumper cables the car if you have to. If it shows around 120+ you are in the clear at that point. Many Sr20det engines with high mileage have sticky/oily/carbon'd up valves that will show low compression as well. One such engine was showing like 70psi on one cylinder, and low on the all the rest. I thought it was a blown ring at first, but we ran some toyota carbon cleaner over the valves (with the head off) and cleaned it up really nice like new, put the head back on and it had great compression again.

As to the coil packs. it is very common for them to work sometimes, and not others. I think you should swap all four out just to be safe. it is fairly affordable.
When I think of your wet piston, it makes wonder about your injector O-rings next. Which can also lead to a misfire and screw with your wideband readings. For instance if the cylinder is too wet to fire because liquid fuel is entering, your wideband will show lean because of all the unburnt O2, despite it being too rich.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote