View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
A few things you might want to consider

-Coilpacks might be in need of replacement
-Do a boost leak check by using an air compressor
-check the ground at the back of the head for the coil packs
-check/change your ECCS relay (do you have an alarm? Or turbo timer? It may interfere with the ECCS )
-Where is your igniter mounted? is it even mounted? Is it supported in such a way that it does not vibrate?

What else can cause an intermittent misfire? and funky pistons?
-I would perform a leakdown and compression test for peace of mind ASAP.
-Are you on stock turbo/injectors/ecu? Which ecu? NA/WC? Which harness?

I have seen wiring specialties harnesses give this issue, where pins at the ECU intermittently make contact or not depending on how they feel that day.

So far my best guesses are coil packs and the harness/grounding followed by compression/leakdown (with respect to the valves, perhaps a valve is sticking open briefly) did you ever look under the valve cover? is it all black and gooey in there?

good luck!