View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #102
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Well here's another small update, I'm to the phase of building a car that sucks the most, the end is near but every step of the way I'm always needing something, AN fittings, nuts & bolts, fluids, etc. I think everyone who's ever built a car knows this nickle and dime pain and has the constant regret of not leaving everything stock, but hopefully all of the money and hard work pays off, if not I'm never building another car and I'm buying an R6 haha.

Anyways I got some little things done like finally cut my rear interior panels to fit around my roll bar which made me cringe because they we're so nice. Also the holes came out over sized from aggravation and exhaustion, cutting the holes too big sure is a lot easier than getting in and out of the car over and over at 1am.

I also started working on my exhaust, which consists of a $100 special Ebay catback, and an ISR test pipe/ down pipe which cost me $60 brand new, damn I love China.

Since I'm running a weird exhaust housing on my GT28 that's also a V-band I have to make my own "J-pipe" though, also since I cut the cat hump out of my car the ISR downpipe flange was pointing straight into my tranny, nothing a cut and twist couldn't fix (I love cutting destroying things I just bought), I also made what will be a very annoying yet effective solid exhaust mount out of the 3/4 tubing and 1/8 flat stock to keep the downpipe in place and stop everything from smacking the floor under my seat. As for the J pipe I have to make it's going to be an expensive little bastard since it's stainless, but I'll need a 2.5-3 cone then a 90 bend and a flex section that's almost $100 for 6 damn inches

Regardless I'm sure it'll be pretty and I'll be happy I made it in stainless, also I don't think my ground clearance will be too bad considering the car will be on 17's rocking functional ride height because the low life sucks.

Anyways photos!

And some of the overall ground clearance I'm working with,

Also since I'm sure some guys will like this, here's some progress being made on our S15 at work, we're currently in the process of redesigning a lot of the car for the upcoming season, one part of which being this awesome water to air intercooler set-up!

Well that's all for now!