View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 09:37 PM   #8
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post
You're overthinking things, the differences between any well engineered/designed seats are negligible. I don't recommend harnesses in street driven cars since as you mentioned above they tend to do more harm then good. My 2 cents...
This has become my general idea after looking into it more and also looking into the whole real vs fake thing. Most Brides, recaro and sparco seats arent FIA approved and if they are then its a bucket. So whats to any difference between a "fake" and name brand if they both arent fia approved? Neither have been tested and there is no solid proof between a quality rep and brand name. I have seen no difference in crash pictures on fake/real bucket seats. I would say there is a difference in reclinable, shit just look at the bride video I posted.

But then again like you said the difference is very moot in outcome of a big crash. There is this video of a recaro and looks to hold up a lot better. I think for a reclinable I would go recaro since basically every car manufacture with "race" seat addons (Nissan, honda, toyota, porsche, subaru etc) all run recaros and since they are production seats they hold up the same standards as the stock manufactured seats. Even in 2017 we dont have any test videos of name brand seats fixed/buckets in a crash test? Why is that? You pay upwards to a car for a set of low max gias and for what? They look sick but have had no certified testing.

So I guess with now with the big question which is worse in an accident? A quality reclinable seat swinging you back and forth getting whiplash or having a bucket fixed and you taking all the force to head flying into the seat since your shoulders and core are already stuck to the seat.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote