View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #21
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by motronic View Post

...So judging the facts can this cause all your problems of stalling, no power, bad idle, low fuel economy? Very unlikely. Millions of car out there running E10 without any problems.
I think you may have other problem with the car, I would suggest get a wide band and check your AFR to make sure it is still running right AFR.
well you have nice propaganda there, let me tell you what millions of people are noticing and complaining about here as this E-10 crap gas switch is being implemented:

1. FACT: E-10 reduces gas mileage the official estimate is 3%, but most people here have seen 10% drops in fuel economy.

here is a local newspaper's article about it:http://www.oregonlive.com/environmen...rement_lo.html

2. FACT: your engine will loose torque this can not be debated, if you want too, come up here and try for yourself, but realize that this is gas with almost no emissions additives to it, not CA gas here, the good stuff)

3. FACT:you have to get bigger injectors and burn more fuel to make the same numbers to run E85.

4. FACT thousands of cars are currently observing facts 1 and 2 which you are trying to debate. come up here and try out the fuel for yourself. there is no question once you have gotten non-emissions gas and then E-10 gas.

5. FACT: ethanol contains about two-thirds the energy content of gasoline, gallon for gallon, so if run E85, your mileage is reduced by 30%, why is this magically not an issue addressed when you say that ethanol does not drag down gas mileage?

Things i have noticed besides: CA gas ran like crap compared to OR gas, so i would imagine switching from CA gas to E-10 CA gas would have very little effect as it does not run well in the first place.

I can piss in my tank and get similar results as E-10 gas, so i refuse to believe it is a wonderful thing like allot of people try to make it out to be, plus my piss i s cheaper to produce than E-10. Think i need to market it as an emissions reducer?

BACK TO THE POINT:

E-10 does not run as well as regular gas, has anyone found out a good way other than a standalone and bumping up the fuel and timing (not to the E85 standards, but something along those lines i could see working) or dumping massive amounts of octane booster, but i think i would go with a standalone, wideband and bigger turbo before i implemented any secondairy injection system.
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote