View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14unimog View Post
I would say for sure on the head, especially since it usually warps long before the block does. Mine was merely surfaced, it was within FSM tolerances. You can always do the straight edge and shim pack test to be sure.
Nice writeup!

The head generally seals to the block just fine (I do recommend resurface/deck) providing everything is very clean and stright. ARP hardware is highly recommended when using a MLS Type HeadGasket. Stock old SR head bolts will stretch... PERIOD. The problem with improper MLS HG installations are typically found at the front cover mating surfaces. Watch for leaks...

~mario

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxfamily View Post
yeah same. people have been telling me that but im using the copper spray for an extra seal.
Why not...

Old Time Engine Builders used to spray a light coat of paint onto the headgasket to help promote sealing of water/oil passages.

~m
let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote