View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 12:33 PM   #22098
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Bleakley is an unknown quantity at this point
He's using the EVDM's temp sensor. I'm betting his system is just fine.
My guess is the resistance in the sensor is a little different than the stock one or whatever the PFC is looking for which is skewing the voltage to the ECU / PFC at operating temp. My money is almost 100% on that at this point.
My friend Jeremy has a '95 Eagle Talon and I thunk he literally just went through JUST that. I had to go into my FSM i have for him to give him the resistances he should've been seeing at the specified temps.

S-Nation. It'd be a good idea to verify the thermostat so we can verify were dealing with a 170 and not a 180. Also, If you have any literature om the EVDM, then supply it. I'll do my own research to try and find the specs and also see what the stock one should be at or what the PFC is looking for. If you have the values / table for the PFC, I'm curious what that is looking for.
My hope is we find the two to have different values which would cause your "issue."

Edit, almost forgot. One more question actually. When you're cruising on the highway and the heater off. Do your temps continue to rise with no sign of stopping??? Or do they level out somewhere just north of where they should be? Can't believe i forgot to ask that question before. I might PM you to make this process easier... Lol.
Bleakley is offline   Reply With Quote