View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
OR IS IT!?

I drained the fuel tank of all the old fuel. Which sucked. S13 fuel tanks are so much more fun to play with. I went down the street and got some fuel. I went to the engine bay to check over my work one last time before chancing an electrical fire, when I started to smell fuel. I thought it was weird... So I looked underneath the car. CRAP!

Cracked fuel tank. After a little Googling, it's a pretty common issue on s14s to crack on the passenger side near the tank support strap.
Strangely there was a S14 fuel tank at a junkyard 15 miles from me. There's almost never 240sx's up here.
Called them and found out that the tank had been in storage for the past 3 years. Someone upstairs was looking out for me. Got it all installed and everything.

While I was removing the stock tank I noticed that my subframe was wiggling around a bit. Thought that was odd. Decided to investigate further.

"Man that bushing looks pretty gnar'd the eff up."

Then the center sleeve pulled out without any effort.

Decided to install PBM subframe risers. I've read that you need to do something with the ebrake brackets, but couldnt understand why. Unbolted the bracket from the subframe and neither ebrake cable was smooshed or touching driveshaft.
I did cut and hammer the space for the RUCA, which probably wont be needed since I won't be SLAMMED.

Now its time to start it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H0zdXJ5s-Q

So yeah, got an intake pipe made with a nipple for the IAC. IAC is pretty important since you know it, uh, lets the engine idle.

Found out the reason the engine was missing bad was from a frayed dizzy wire.

Installed my Koyo radiator for a SR. Fits perfect. Just need to trim a little off the stock 1uz coolant lines. Decided to make a video of it running okay.
Engine is revving up and down from the IAC going out.
She's also running a little rich from not having one of the O2 sensors in. I need that Y pipe made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RWZuDsUGWk

This is how she sits now. Bought some knock off wheels from ASpec Wheels.
17x9+20. Running 245/40 Hankook evo's.

Pretty sweet that the shifter fits in the auto trim.

Yes, I need the manual trim and radio trim.
Still gotta tuck some of the wires, install intake pipe again, install driveshaft (when it gets here) and mount tires.
I'll then drive it until I get pulled over for being too awesome. I'll get a Y pipe made after that.

Pretty easy swap, I could probably do another one if I had all the parts over the course of a week.

I'll update again soon.