Thread: Project Silvia
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #114
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
finally snapped a few dank pics of the car today when I was working on it, I removed the intake manifold to take off the iacv as I won't be using it when the car is done, While I was in there I had to snap a pic of the intake runner, still amazed at how smooth it is.

the iacv removed, and the hole exposed, I'll be making a block off plate for it soon even though leaving it open won't hurt anything.

for some reason the tps that came on this engine was an automatic, I finally got my 5 speed tps here and after removing the auto tps, realized that the 5 speed version requires longer screws to hold it in, the screws shown here will hold it on, but they only have at most a good turn and a half when tight.

not exactly happy with the oil cooler being mounted with the fittings on the top like that, I would much rather have it mounted with the fittings on the left side that way the feed could be on top and the return on bottom, to me it makes more sense, but I'm still undecided as to if I will change it or not, going to try to make the fitting and hoses soon, but being that I got a speeding ticket Sunday, I'm trying not to spend money I don't have to until I find out what my court cost will be.

onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote