View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 11:44 AM   #7
LaMaR-
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LaMaR- is an unknown quantity at this point
FEB2016

So I haven't gotten a lot of work done lately, mainly due do a lot of knee pain after having knee surgery. Today I finally got around to doing a few things that Ive been wanting to do. First thing was to start glassing my rear spoiler back together as one piece. This was my first time working with fiberglass in years and figured it would be the easiest thing to do.

the second thing I've been wanting to do was figure out why my front bumper pulled my fenders in so hard. I bolted back on my factory fenders and threw the bumper back on and realized that it was roughly an inch too narrow. Time to cut it in half and begin the process of widening it...No fun thats for sure, but it will fit much better and give me some practice with bodywork again. Its been too long.

First side before cutting

other side

Fit the first side

then the other side

Heres the gap I'm going to need to fill, not bad at all. Obviously I need to do a little final fitment on the hood gap but I'm not worried about making it exact since this isn't going to be a show car, i plan to drive the hell out of it and enjoy it.
LaMaR- is offline   Reply With Quote