View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 04:43 PM   #45
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Let's call this chapter peer pressure and bad financial decisions.

Well, once upon a time I owned a relatively stock 240sx with a mild SR20det, then I started going full race car... don't ever go full race car...

So my friend Tony came by and let me completely gut my car and decide to run all of my own custom wiring, now I'm not mad about this at all, and I've only been writing in this tone because I get bored and writing things in a story format is at least 3.789% cooler than usual.

So the bullet points are as follows

-Interior went bye bye
-The stupidly heavy factory wiring went bye bye
-And my snazzy dash finally got installed! (I'm actually not too proud of this, I should have gotten the bigger flocking kit for sure because I ran out of fibers and there's some dry spots.)

And as always pictures!

And eventually I have to finish this, I broke my MIG's gas solenoid and have just been putting off spending the money for a new welder, but the plans are to shave the holes and go with that glossy almost primer Scion grey color for the bay.

Well that's all for now, the next steps are going to be wiring, I sold my OEM Wiring Specialties harness to fund purchasing their universal one, then I also need to grab some kind of switch panel to control everything, I was thinking the ARC one, but it's still TBD. I want the wiring on this version of the build to be as simple and race-inspired as possible so that I can spend more time enjoying my car and driving it.

Thanks for reading guys!