View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #10
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Thanks for all the input guys, I didn't think I'd get this much so quickly I appreciate that. I've got an appointment to go look at the car today, I just have to not let them strong arm me into it and take my time. I'm really curious if it's had the slave cylinder replaced recently, how many owners it's had, and if it has documented maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
The only way I'd get it is if:
-I held a stable job making decent money
-I didn't have any other debt (credit cards, student loans)
-I didn't have to commute too far for work. That thing will guzzle gas.
-I could get a low interest rate (under 5%, pref. 3.5%)

I have decent consistent pay currently. Nothing crazy but more than 2x the minimum wage here. Basically after my rent and bills, I've got 3/4 of my monthly income left. Of course some goes to food/gas/etc though.
I don't owe any other debt that I know of, I've never had a credit card or loan before, that being said I probably don't have the best credit because of this. My only "debt" is my track 240 that I just dump money into and still need to purchase some things to be finished lol.
I currently commute about 29 miles to and from work, about 30 minutes of driving each way.
I'm considering switching my bank from Chase to Navy Federal Credit Union as I've heard they offer low interest rates. However I'm not sure if they're going to want to give me the loan as soon as I join them, or if i'll have to wait a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenkins1101 View Post
There is nothing wrong with financing a car. However, there is absolutely, without question, something wrong with beating on a financed car. If you want the Z to baby it to and from work, and build the coupe to beat on, then for it. But do not beat on something that you can end up having to pay for while it sits in your garage colleting dust.
I don't really have plans to or want to "beat on" the car. Of course I'm going to stretch it's legs here and there like getting on the highway or something, but I'd want to take care of it.

I actually have a second 240 coupe that I've had since 2008 that is my drift/track car and has an uncountable amount of money dumped in it lol (built sr, z trans, wheels, aem infinity etc). The coupe that I currently daily drive I got in February of this year, and now I'm thinking why the hell do I own two of them?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote