View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
gunmetalr32
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
gunmetalr32 is on a distinguished road
My S14 kouki rear valances are finally done!!!

Yes that's right my valances are done...

I purchased some valances in used but good condition and I paid a arm and a leg. But I was happy because it was a pain in the a$$ to get them do to all the biding wars and people selling them in hours. so I wanna help out and make some so people can own a pair at a reasonable cost.

I posted a feeler a few months back. Since these valances are discontinued now and are hard to come by I decided to ask zilvia, "if I could make perfect exact replicas if you would be interested." and I got some positive feed back..

But everyone didn't want to wait and thought it wouldn't happen, but I couldn't fund it buy myself.. And I almost just said fuck it I tried and I was going to just put them on. But it tore me up inside to see all these clean koukis with the rear jdm bumper without the rear valances. so I manned up and sold my nice jline wheels and paid for it.

AND I MISS THEM!!!

start it off by taking off the metal support bracket. and sending it out to a machine shop to replicate the bracket.

Then we got to business and started block sanding and fixing all the imperfections.

As you can see there is a lot of high and low spots even from a new factory piece. Example: the inside where the nissan logo and part number are.

after we block sanded and primer 3times. they were perfect!

Now the hectic molding process begins.

And then we ran into a problem. if we wanna keep a nice radius edges we need to do a clamshell mold.. FYI it's a lot harder to make the mold and its more time consuming
But I wanted a perfect mold so we did it.

the molds after they are done

Our first pair out the molds can you tell which ones are the real ones (left are oem)

These are ours

finally our brackets came in. perfect spot on (oem ones are outers ours are in the middle)

Now our valances completed... Sorry for the crappy pictures.

Shinny ones are ours dull are oem

gunmetalr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links