View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #23
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Then what is the Dark Grey Leather in S14's?
No such thing. Only black in the Zenkis, titanium in Koukis. I had all four years of the dealer brochures, there never was any other color offered in leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
okay weird, my kouki is an original 97 w/ no moon roof, no rear sway, but has 5lug and black leather seats, AND black leather door panels. non adjustable steering column, but has fog lights and fog light switch (which doesnt work, fogs are hardwired) and started life as an auto.

Now i'm not the original owner so cant 100% know what has been swapped, but the leather looks factory and even the door panels are black leather (not peeled off carpet exposing 'leather' lookin shit, like s13 owners love to do)

Make sense of that for me?

Doesn't this look like factory leather

Nope. Aftermarket. The leather interior cars have alcantara on the door panels, not leather. I sat in over a dozen new 95/96s when they were first on the lots and studied them well. I also have a pair of the panels in my car that I bought brand new from the dealer. They're impossible to find used in decent condition.
Those seats aren't OE either, they're pleated. The OE leather seats have completely flat panels on the bottom cushion and only two full length pleats on the backrest. The backseat doesn't have any pleats at all. I had a set for a long time I should have taken pictures of.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote