View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 11:51 PM   #1521
240Z28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post
If both hoses feel hot (and it is not from heat soak), that is a good sign the thermostat is opening (which is good). Do they feel evenly hot?

Try bleeding the system: For a DOHC KA, let the car idle and as it warms up, open the bleeder screw on the intake manifold. It is right where the upper rad hose goes into the head. It is just bolt going into the intake. Undo it a few turns. Coolant should come out and and hopefully air bubbles should too. Check your coolant level in the radiator (becareful not to let it explode out on you if it is hot). Add a little if it is low. Turn the heat on high in the car, this will allow the coolant to circulate through the heater core/lines and push any air out. Bleed more air bubbles, add coolant, repeat. You may need to have the heat off for air bubbles to come out the bleeder.

Also, check tension on your water pump pulley belt. Make sure it is tight enough to spin the pump.

Replace the OEM temp probe sensor. Probably a cheap part. The coolant temp sensor is only ~$20 so I couldn't imagine the temp probe being more.

Don't drive it until you can get it to read more accurately or you can verify it is NOT overheating.
thanx man.. bleeding it seem to do the trick.. i'm trying to make this motor last while i put together my KADET!!