View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #10
zach3904

Trader Rating: (0)
zach3904 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic_s13 View Post
Again, not trying to piss anyone off by my stubbornness, but I really want to do this. And if it all blows up in my face, you can tell me "I told you so".. So please, any ideas on how I would go about bolting it in? Obviously custom motor mounts, trans xmember, and drive shaft, but is that basically it? For wiring I'd probably go megasquirt and then just find a way to connect it to the body harness.
You're very much over simplifying what'll be needed. The cost will run away in the details. Radiator hoses, electric fans/controller, heater hoses, power steering lines, custom exhaust manifold, likely a custom oil pan, possible tranny tunnel modification, shifter placement, possible re-routing of the steering linkage, throttle cable, clutch line, brake booster vacuum line, battery relocation, custom intake piping, etc. That's all before you get to the potential nightmare of wiring.

Not trying to dissuade you, but you really can't think of this as being anywhere near a bolt-in affair and the ease-of-install will be all in the details/planning/preparation. The hurdles you don't see will likely be the most frustrating, costly and time consuming. Fully consider and acknowledge what you're getting into vs. reducing the project to the obvious and telling yourself it'll be a piece of cake.

That said, anything can be done and I wish you the best if you go for it! Could be pretty rad and no doubt unique.
zach3904 is offline   Reply With Quote