View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 04:36 PM   #7495
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnr32gtr View Post
Lost me on the traction rods should be extended as much as ruca, u just mean if I extend the ruca 1" I need to extend the traction rod 1"?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants View Post
kinda disagree with most of this.

KPI and caster are making a comeback after a few years of the wisefab dogma, since you can artificially weight jack onto the rear end for more bite.

mech trail can help a little bit but you can still get a fall to angle like all the Wise fab bullshit and honestly 90 percent of people the self steer from a bigger caster number is probably helping more than it hurts.

Also typically on faster tracks we would change onto the higher Ackerman setup. like, yeah sure, on paper you'll be outright faster with less Ackerman but the inside wheel drag basically amounts to a built in left foot brake effect that stabilizes the car and is super benificial in tandem.
Maybe in some circles, but most pro s-chassis' are rocking lower caster than ever. Pretty sure Odi uses like 2*. Mechanical trail helps quite a bit. I ran 4* of caster and it felt like 5-6 when my power steering was working. I'm not sure what you mean by "fall to angle". Sure caster helps a lot of people steer, but a lot of people are still rocking cut n' shut knuckles. Kinda like bringing a club to a gun fight IMO.

The only cars I know of that actually use weight jacking are the Gittin and Denofa mustangs, and those dudes clearly steer with mostly throttle and don't have much front end grip in general. The cars also have a lot of anti-squat, which makes the combo drive the rear tires into the ground. Do that in a lowish S14 and all you'll do is drag ass and do a burnout.
If you're just trying to go super fast, then you can obviously rock higher static caster and ackerman, as lower steering angles mean their effects are less extreme. But if you're trying to rock deep angle and still have good braking and steering response at angle, then low caster and ackerman are where it's at. Ultimately it comes down to your driving style and how you want your car to perform. A guy that drives for fun and goes to bashes and someone who wants to eventually run Formula D have different goals and require different setups.

Super low cars will clear the fenders better with higher caster.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote