View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 02:22 AM   #53
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Eoken is an unknown quantity at this point
I love my Nissans.

More pictures of the exhaust installed.

a couple nice pictures of the hydro in my new car.

I spent so much time taking in and out the dash and seat while welding the bracket to get the position, angle, height.... everything just like I wanted
I also wanted it too not take up too much space so there was not a big hole cut in the carpet. I am very pleased with how it came out. I tested it many times and with a two pump technique I am able to lock up the tires pretty easy entering a corner at 15+ mph. anything slower or in a slight line it just slows the car down lol. pretty fun to play with and learn how to use!!

Alarm system install! it is nice to have a digital tilt sensor to protect my wheels as well as keyless entry now lots of wires removed for functions my car will not be using! haha

Que the music and get to wiring!

Sweet remote OLED display

Nice little shot after installing the alarm. It was so nice using the locking feature while walking away from my car for the first time! lol

A little more work on my digital cluster as I got a good deal on two more parts clusters. I ended up swapping mine for one of the parts clusters because it was working well and did not have the flickering problem my current one had. It was so annoying when driving at night!! probably a bent pin or something.

If anyone ever needs one of these worked on I can change parts around no problem and I have lots of spare parts now so hit me up! lol

Learned a thing or two last time I installed these 350Z pedals on my car so I figured I would share my refined process for anyone interested!
It is pretty basic, just cut some thin cardboard with even spacing as shown on the back of the cover, trace, and cut.

As you can see the Z33 pedal is taller and skinner than the S13 one. not to worry! just take your time making the template perfect as shown and it fits nice and tight and will not move on you!

I took this picture to very clearly show the spacing you want when you make your template. (notice how much of the top and bottom half circle are showing).

I will say again I had the dead pedal custom made and it bolts right up to my OEM dead pedal to match the 350Z look. For the throttle pedal I just modified the hell out of the OEM rod to get the perfect spacing, angle and height using my 350Z as a model.

I know you guys like shots of my interior! lol sorry these were at night but It was one of the first times I had the inside pretty much complete on the new car.

350Z Nismo floor mats out of my old Z RIP.

Time to do a little 6 speed work!

S13 VSS Drive gear was bored out by hand from 25.0mm inside diameter to 27.9mm using a round file. The steel ball that keeps the drive gear rotating interdependently from the shaft sticks out 5.1mm when installed in its hole. I used a small green rotary tool bit to make the half circle in the drive gear deeper to fit the ball. I then used two a 1-1/18 inch external snap rings to secure the drive gear from moving up or down. to do this I had to take off a mil or two off the top and bottom inside portion of the gear and notching out a place for the ends. It fits well and the S13 VSS installs smoothly and seems to spin nicely when I spun the output shaft when it was all back together. I know people have talked about doing this but I might e the first S13 guy to try it lol! If you are interested in any more details/ methods/ tools just let me know and I can help.

Eoken is offline   Reply With Quote