View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #29
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
We are a privately owned forum, we could allow ANYTHING we want, including discussion of/sharing of wares, torrents, NSFW materials, drugs, firearms, hatespeech, whatever you can name.
The problem with that is that a site of this size MUST identify themselves when they do such things -- hell, I have to do that when I register my own blog -- and that information is sent to websense and other filters, which kills our traffic, even when considering that 95% of our traffic has NOTHING to do with any of that shit. This goes not to mention that our registration is open to anyone 13 and over, which we would ALSO like to maintain.
Consideration allowed for all reasons named above, we frown on discussion of felonies and such. We ask that our members refrain from discussion of things that might land them in jail or net US a subpoena.
Solid.

I liked that post, even though I've been pinked for drug discussion.