View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #22
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98koukile View Post
I wouldn't do the energy suspension bushings unless you were going to install grease fittings and cut a channel in them. They bind too easily. Spherical bearings work the best and you can upgrade to z32 rear uprights, i think the megan conversion piece is like $80... barter with them haha. You could do the chassis foam thing seen on FA also
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeedm View Post
if you have a lot of bumps and potholes, then you don't want to make any of the bushings that provide for/aft support(tension rods, traction rods, etc.) too stiff. for those, use urethane bushings.

replace the bushings that provide up/down support(rucas, rear toe rods, upper strut mounts, etc.) with spherical bearings.

in all cases these are good.
-Nismo power brace
-strut tower braces
-trunk brace
-fender brraces

good luck.
I've have/had urethane bushings in the suspension
they do stiffen up the car quite a bit
but I don't really like the way the suspension works after
spherical bushings and quality joints is what I plan to do down the line.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote