View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why not do it? Doubt it's heavier than a LS2, these people are complaining about how much work and money, did you people read he's not getting this swap at the prices you people would, everyone goes KA-T cause they can't afford an SR20 the vg is reliable, can get the parts fron your local parts store, sure the sr20 is OEM and can be reliable but these motors are older than time, something going to break and you'd have to buy used parts from someone you have no idea if it's on it's last leg it goes out and now your looking for the part again and spent double the money, if you need something on the quicks the sr20 is not a good choice because youd have to wait weeks to get your parts, going KA-T sure you can buy parts at the local parts store but maintaining it is costly too, can't really rely on it cause something is gonna blow, fall apart or spend double the amount for premium gasoline.

Now ca, rb motors are so praised, why? The money spent for these motors is ridiculous and I don't see the power for this money either, almost the same as the z motor if not less (be quiet people these motors are older than time) they won't make the horsepower claimed due to all the wear and tear, so your have to rebuild where you going to get parts from? Then have to waiting for shipping on these item to even start on doing something on the motor, don't see the difference in the amount of time and money spent installing these motors than the Z motor.

I say do it, you already have the source for this swap for cheap as he'll, already know what you have to to for it, so all the cash you saved buying the swap from your friend you can use on customer headers/exhaust and little things you'd need and still not pay the same amount that people buy Uninstalled motors for, they still need
Mounts, driveshaft, new basic parts such as alternator sometime new turbos rebuild kits.

People are going to talk crap no matter what, either because they can't afford it, know how to do it or just plain envy.

I say do it!

Last edited by Mishkin_707; 06-02-2011 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: iPhone spell check sucks dick
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote