View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #28
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
The 180's first unexpected large mechanical failure which involved some decent $$ to fix. Driving on the road took off at a medium speed and then shifted into 2nd. As I did this there was a huge bang. It sounded like the engine had fallen out the bottom of the car and I was driving over it. I pulled into the nearest driveway and realised either the clutch or gearbox had let go in spectacular fashion!
It turned out to be the box. Due to the recent power increases and a very unforgiving driver who didn't think the box would break at this power level (oops) =)

Looks fine!?

Oh....

I took the gearbox to award diff and gear where they rebuilt it for me. I was suprised to find that it was actually an S14 gearbox in the car. While it was all out I thought it best to put a new clutch in. An extreme cushion button was purchased with a custom pressure plate (more pressure). This was good for 250rwkw all day every day (cause I could never want more than that!) while also being nice to drive in traffic.

[img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/mutto_101/P4030035.jpg[img]

It all went back together without any major hassles other than doing it all on the garage floor with next to no space! =)

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote