View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 12:40 AM   #80
Deezal
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Deezal is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys, I've been getting chased to put up some updates. Been a bit slack after photobucket decided they wanted everybody to pay $400 for the privilege of 3rd party image sharing.

Found an alternative now so here's a little update of what's been happening recently.

Got the trusty SR running again a few months back, 1st crank on the starter and she burst into life.

Made some good progress on the bodywork also, got the rear bodywork tidied up again but that all deformed where it was on fire above the turbo as the structural integrity of the glass is compromised and have just had to fix it again and put a heat shield in underneath.

Also rehashed the front splitter a few times after it getting severely worn at the first race meeting and modified the pickup points and changed the way the threaded rods mount through the splitter. Also added some nylon rub strips underneath to maintain airflow under the car and help prevent further damage.

Got a new double element rear wing made up also in carbon/foam, based off a profile dauntless racing cars were using. 250mm main chord and 110mm secondary that's 1.8m wide.

In the midst of mounting up my windscreen demister under the dash and modifying the accelerator pedal to make it wider and give it some more feel. Also added some grip tape on the floor.

Got a new sway bar made up so now I can actually adjust it as the other one was hopeless in that respect.

Had it on the dyno a month ago and made 700RWHP and 480lb-ft (approx 800 flywheel hp and 520lb-ft) on 28PSI with the new kelford cams installed.
Still slow building boost, believe it's because we have the low lobes set on the high lobe centerlines as there's no mention of them being different on the spec sheets or which center it refers to. We'd assumed it was the base setting for split timing it. Will retune with them on the right centerlines next year.

Had the car at the track for the first time since March there a couple weeks back and even on 17psi on a greasy track it was only 1 second off my PB so it should be interesting to see what I can get out of it in another fortnight for the first race meeting. With my new Gopro 5 having on board telemetry it will be interesting to have some data overlay on my onboard videos.

Also got sent a CAD file the other night to play around with, it's just a basic silhouette so will try and add more detail to it over the coming months and try and do some basic CFD analysis of my own as I've got a few more ideas in mind for aero advancements.

Last edited by Deezal; 08-29-2017 at 10:50 PM..
Deezal is offline   Reply With Quote