View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 02:09 AM   #10
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
8/14/11

Summer Jam!

I wanna put this down on paper while its still fresh in my mind.

Probably one of the most epic events I have driven at. Rivaled ASB, maybe better because now that its over I'm home at 9:15 rather than driving.

Saturday started off really well. Came in kinda late (I thought, I was the first one there), unloaded, tech, drifting.

First few runs were shaky. The inner clip on the straight between 3 and 4 was to far down so I was putting TONS of speed and not much angle and the result was going off everywhere.

Moved the clip up and everything was butter. Probably did 20+ passes with perfect line, angle and speed. I felt like I was driving faster and more consistent than I ever have.

Decided to team tandem with Yee Xiong, Lex King, and Joe McGuigan. I was lead car. First pass, spun hard and almost got destroyed by 3 other drift cars. Never even thought of spinning after that run. Ran super consistent and everything went well. Ended up second out of like 9 teams. I don't know what kept us out of first place since I was in front but overall I was happy with the result.

Sunday, comp day. Went out for some practice runs on the same tires I ended team tandem on, perfect. Car still felt great, tons of angle and very controllable, though not that much speed as my grip was low. Swapped to new federals and did the last practice session. FAIL. Couldn't even spin em. Far to sticky.

Went and bumped the PSI from 50 to 80 and everything felt a lot better. Qually, ended up 11th. Won my top 16 battle, he spun on his lead run, I dominated my lead run, I moved on.

Top 8 chase run was pretty bad. Went against Lance in his S14 and he ran real wide which threw my line off so I didn't clear the course. Went for my chase run, had no power and smelt like fuel so I had to forfeit. My fuel injector seals went bad

Great weekend. Here are some pics. Sorry its kinda wordy.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 08-19-2017 at 12:40 AM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote