View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 02:01 AM   #1
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Time for a title change **More thread building inside**

Taking my build from NCD over so it's a lot of copy paste but I will update it regularly.

So I've had my car in a "completed" stage for awhile now, but I think I'd like to give some notes of my path I took to build the car and what I'm still working on.

Started about 2004-5?, Altamont was the shit.

My first S13. Gutted, VLSD, Short Shifter. Very fun car, ended up getting in a head on with an Alpha Romeo while being retarded on public roads, so I started my track car build at this point.

2006, Thunderhilll, Grip and Slip. SR20, Coilovers, Gutted, sick old school TE37's, all linkage and brakes. I did most of the work on this shell myself, and it showed. I didn't have the skills at the time and the car looked like shit.

In 2007 I was cruising zilvia and I came up on a really nice shell for sale. Paint, Wide Body, CF doors, crazy cage, prepped for fuel cell + more. I estimated the total cost he invested into what I purchased and it ended up being about 12k in parts + labor. I got it for $1700+ a S13 I was dailying at the time (bought that for $1k.)

Here are a couple of pics from when the previous owner built it up. It was his "freeway car," huge top mount Sr, Z32 tranny. LOTS of money into this car originally. All new fuel lines, brake lines, rhyno lining, brand new from nissan OEM bumpers, 180sx glass, ect. When I picked it up in LA I threw my suspension on it and just towed it home.

Swapped my SR and all my suspension from my other car over and sold that shell.

At this point I was running out of money so the car sat for a few months. Eventually I took it down to Luke at Blu808. He was working at BR Racing at the time as well as having his own shop. We both had an agreement that to keep cost down he could take his time, and the car sat down there for a long time.

Luke hooked it up with a seriously legit fuel system. I'm running a summit racing fuel cell with 8an Lines to a low pressure, high volume Holley fuel pump that pumps into a custom Blu808 fuel surge, then to the high pressure external pump, to the rail then back.

At first the fuel system was perfect, but it definitely became a sort of headache. I started to have a lot of fuel cut issues. I wasn't sure exactly what was going on, was the fuel just running low? Was the low pressure pump not large enough? Ignition system? Ended up being a clogged fuel filter. The foam baffling in the cell started to break down and clog the filter. I replaced the foam and the element and it ran find for a couple of track days but then started to give me trouble again. Ended up just taking the foam out, running a aeromotive filter and replacing the low pressure pump (I think some foam got into the pump and ruined it). 2 track days into that set up and everything is perfect.

Since late '09 I've been hitting an event or 2 every month. Motor was stock basically. T25, stock internals with rocker arm stoppers and that's about it. I don't care what anyone tells you, you need power to drift. I had the car dyno tuned because I was running 440cc injectors at stock boost and it put down 212 at the wheels.

I've now upgraded the motor quite a bit. S15 GT28R, 600cc injectors, Tomei metal HG, ARP studs, powered by max high mount intercooler, Hallman manual boost controller and a tune with a simple SAFC Neo. Running it at 1.2 bar it put down 282whp.

The car is a serious animal with this amount of power. Very consistent and I can roll through 4th gear turn 1 at Thill.

Plan for the upcoming year, kit (which I already have, and will post updates), full ProAm season, ASB.

Comments welcome. Haters need not apply.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 08-19-2017 at 12:22 AM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links