View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 01:05 AM   #70
MyblackS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
MyblackS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Updates....

My extended lower brackets for my coilovers are complete and I've tested them for fit. With 1" of extension I lose about 1 degree of camber, so I'm maxed out at 2 with the wheels at full droop, I'll have to see where it goes at ride height, I was looking for around 2 - 3 judging by other grip set-ups. I may end up slotting the top hole or running extended camber plates if I find I need it. Overall I'm pretty happy with the results.

After fitting the extended strut mount I did a little more work with the rim tool to determine backspacing/offset for my wheels. Since my flares will be about the same size as the current rear over fenders the rear was pretty easy.

The front has been a lot more difficult to determine. I decided to change out one of the fiberglass fenders for a steel OEM Silvia fender to get a feel for how much flare I'm going to need in the front.

I found that I want to have as much positive offset as I could fit in relation to the strut, the further the wheel went out, the more it would hit when it was turned. I also found that I probably will be tubbing the front for clearance, once the suspension is compressed there isn't much steering angle available before the tires start to hit the outer part of the tub, towards the front of the car. I've settled on 18x11 with a 6.5" backspacing (+12.7 offset) for the front and 18x11 with 6" backspacing for the back (0 offset).
For the wheels, I came to an agreement with the seller on the Forgelines, they knocked off some of the cost since they were 17's instead of 18's so it made the deal pretty hard to pass up. I've decided to try double step lips.

4" Front Lips

4.5" Back

I'm pretty happy with how they look, I'm going to swap the hubs and do some more test fitting then finishing on the wheels. The inners are going to be black hardcoat anodized and teflon coated. But, I'm even more on the fence than before on the lip color since I'm kinda digging the grey color that they are now in the raw.