View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 06:47 PM   #22
GoToast
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
GoToast is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GoToast
I haven't fully read all of this but I already have one remark. Get ridof the TCTB and either use an ebay TB or an oversized 1J one. That will help your Intake coupler clear the radiator better and produce better flow. Or just remove the TB and cut the TC stuff off and use a mildly longer coupling.
KA radiator is a must.
I had the same heat issues in my old coupe with a 1JZ and stock twins.
If ZeroLift hasnt changed their mount kit since I used it about a year ago, then highly advise aginst purchasing it. I had to custom knotch the mounts and some other jenky stuff to get fitment.
I would recommend either dual pusher fans or a V-mount setup(doing that on my next swap). And a low *C thermostat. Something like the TRD one or colder. Or just dont run one.
Also the problem I ran in to with Puller fans is that tyou have trouble finding a hight enough CFM in such a skinny fan. The lack of space between the fans and pulley's/timing cover cause a major air flow issue. Along with the variable of what front bumper you use, intercooler size and placement. I advise against using a stock front bumper(IMO). You risk overheating at low speeds.
Custom PS line works great, thats what I did. If I recall correctly mine was about 18 inches overall of braided stainless. And the return line off the resevoir will always leak on s13 if you've ever taken it off. Dgrease everything and try a little bit of black form-a-gasket or Toyota FIPG where it clamps on.

If I can think of anythng else that can help, I'll chime in. Otherwise It's good to see someone else sharin the knowledge.
GoToast is offline   Reply With Quote