View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 08:32 PM   #1
Garage Skidz

Trader Rating: (0)
Garage Skidz is an unknown quantity at this point
SR SR20det ring gaps and bearing clearances

I cant seem to find any info on what ring gaps and main/rod bearing clearances to run. if there is a solid thread on this stuff please let me know cause I haven't found one yet.

So does every one just run OEM clearances and gaps, even on their higher power builds?

Build: s14 notch top sr20, 87mm bore Eagle rods, CP pistons, ACL bearings, 2871r .64 a/r, JTW s3 cams, and shooting for 350-400whp.

so I'm just thinking wouldn't you wana run a slightly bigger bearing clearance and ring gap for more than stock power? I plan to up the power later so I would like to accommodate for that before I put it in.

the ring set I have for the pistons (wiseco 8700XX) comes with instructions that gave me a formula for the ring gaps. they came out to be .0017 for the top and .0018 for the bottom ring. I believe these are within the stock spec, is this good or bad? I just don't want to crack a piston.

if this is something I can find in another thread I apologize just looking for some definite info on my particular setup. Thanks
Garage Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links