View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 08:39 PM   #13
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I'll be honest with you since I've imported a few cars. If I had the chance to see it in person, I would wait. If not, then import with a company that will go the extra mile in order to insure that you get what you're looking for.

I was sent cars that met my criteria daily, and lost a few auctions along the way. It's a bit nerve racking to say the least.

With my current import car, I got it under budget, and had over a gigs worth of pictures and videos (complete with interior, exterior, and running engine). Did I pay a bit more then other venders could have imported one for me? Sure, but they wouldn't have gone through those extra steps in order to get me what I want.

Anyways, good luck with your search my man!
I'm not looking to import. I'll be living in Japan for three years. The broker I'm using is super forthright and honest about condition. He knows I want a two-tone K's but is honest about the condition they'll be in since they're older. Just like you, I'm willing to pay the price for the exact trim I'm looking for. The only reason my feelers are out now is to avoid the whole 'oh-fuck-I-just-missed-one-that-sold' when I get there. Aren't you over there right now...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
For 8k you can have a 97-98 180sx type-x. Anything thats within range of export, i.e. with a year, will have a stupid price attached.

I bought my car with around 13xk km which is like 80k miles. That was around 1 year ago.

Not sure why you want an original two-tone. I would get the newest year you can. Collect the oem aero you want and then have it painted the two-tone you want here. Learn Japanese, make friends and a nice paint job won't be that expensive.

Heres my final advice, wait till you get here, buy a kei car for like $500 to get around and start searching for your prime car.
By the time I leave Japan I'll only be able to (legally) bring back a '94 car. That means the Type-X can't happen unless I extend there...but that's so far off I can't tell you if I'll be staying on or getting out and moving back to the states.

I want a two-tone for the same, irrational reasons all s-chassis owners want to deal with the hassle of owning these cars. It's an era, trim, and history thing for me.

I'm selling my SR'd fastback before I leave. I'll be keeping all the suspension and aftermarket parts and they'll be included in my PCS move. My wife is on board with my plan to bring back a Silvia AND a 180SX. I've been in contact with brokers and Japanese friends and it looks like I can expect to pay ~$4500 for a K's and around ~$3000 for a 180SX. One car will be shipped back for free via the military and I'll have to pay out of pocket for the other.