View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #20
240sx blue pearl

Trader Rating: (0)
240sx blue pearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4y0u View Post
WOW! seems like this is a large issue because i to have very similar issues.
2871rs
step 2 cams
z32 maf
850cc injectors
recirc BOV
greddy intake
Enthalpy rom tune
yadda yadda yadda

i just bought another iacv to test mine to it. i tried adjusting the screw in it and nothing. i havent really messed with the Throttle body set screw though.

i was told as well, and this couldnt be complete BS but if you are running a slim battery such as me, the slim batteries dont have enough reserve power to compensate the voltage draw when your idle is lower. My alternator doesnt charge the battery at startup unless i rev the car to about 3k rpm's then it will start the charging. i have taken it to auto zone, napa, car quest and they all say its good. BUT ITS NOT!!!

so point of my ranting here is check your voltage as well, especially on your decel. mine drops off like crazy...something like into the 11v area

oh, how are you setting your AFC on the decel? i guess i have missed that feature

ive heard of this being a problem before too.. but according to my little radar detector, its a constant 14.0v-14.4v. going to see if i can pick up some of that MAF cleaner tonite. and as far as opening up the throttle plate to compensate, that is a last resort for me. I think there has got to be somthing up with this.
240sx blue pearl is offline   Reply With Quote