Thread: Eoken's S13
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 12:33 AM   #52
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Eoken is an unknown quantity at this point
Time to tuck my harness so I am not shredding it! I cut a small notch out of the pinch weld with my angle grinder and gave it some paint in order to reroute the harness.

passenger side was really easy, no cutting required.

Cross bar installed

the privacy cover even fits and sits in the proper place so the trunk can close like normal! XD I really like the way it looks with it on.

First drive with my new suspension set up! the car got hot so I had to pull over and top up the rad. lol car feels awesome though!

I noticed my old car was making a horrible racket from the exhaust! I thought it had a leak at one of the gaskets maybe... after taking a look under the car I realized that my Trust DD resonator had enough!!!

It was time to restore my exhaust again but this time I would do it properly!

Opening up the hole reviled that the resonator Had an inner skin, a layer of thin fiberglass, and an outer skin.

Inner skin welded up first. I worked very very slowly as it was super thin metal and the more holes I blew in it ment more time patching it up lol.

I used some fiberglass exhaust wrap I had laying around to replace the insulating layer.

Made a cross brace to protect the resonator.

hung up and ready to be primed and painted! I used navel jelly to remove any rust before paint.

Time to polish up those stainless tips!!

I used 2000 grit sand paper in all directions to get a consistent surface. Then I went all in one direction to get a nice finish before using some metal polish to give it a final shine.

(stage 1: after 2000 grit on the left) (stage 2: after 2000 grit all in the same direction on the right)

after polish looks awesome!

After a long and exciting night it was finally on and looking better than ever!! I also removed the old baffle that was stick inside one of the pipes lol.

polished up my strut bar.

Raybrig headlights off a 180SX!! I love these headlights. they are brighter than my old sealed beams and have a layer of light on each side which gives me better visibility when going around corners. These make me feel much safer driving at night.

Last edited by Eoken; 05-07-2017 at 02:21 AM..
Eoken is offline   Reply With Quote