View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 01:31 PM   #12
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Damn. If that tap is only on startup and the motor runs fine otherwise, I assume the upper guide is still on. Both of my SR's made this sound til I removed it. That's stupid cheap for a motorset, much less one with everything this comes with. GLWS
Agreed.

I'm known for selling ready to go motors. I would rather do a quick deal to someone who wants to revive it since I don't have the time to deal with it. 100% resurractable.

That's an accurate assumption, but its still an assumption in the long run. I'm open for someone to kick it over and self diagnose before removal as long as they know what they will be getting. I did not build this car or have anything to do with the process build of this vehicle.

After I got it to crank over from a severely dead battery, it fired up. It had a very slight tap in the lower motor region. Sounds like a very faint, quick swoosh of two marbles in a empty can under different rpm ranges. Would bog/cut out as I put it into reverse then the car didn't go anywhere. The prior owner installed a welded diff from Craigslist that was junk. Then the car died and I didn't want to have to jump it again. Towed it up and left.