View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #29
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Just to nit-pick a little bit, I hate when it is called re-barreling and people get new lips. Technically it is all a barrel but I prefer to call the outside portion a lip and the inside portion a barrel.

I originally purchased my BBS RSs in 17X7 and 17X8 +45/+50. With a little math I discovered I could add a 3.5" lip and get 17X10 and 17X11 +7/+12.

I ordered my lips from a guy in Germany, he has an ebay business called Racing Team Hoffman. Just type in 'BBS RS lips' in ebay search and you'll find it.

These are the original pictures from when I redid my first set of RSs. I will take more pictures when I do my new ones.

You can see the stock 1/2 inch lip compared to the 3.5" one (the 3.5" one is sitting on the bolts so it is sticking out a little higher then it should).

Then I took all of the bolts off, heated the wheel sup in the oven, and kicked them apart in my yard. The lips look MUCH better with the old lips off.

All powder coated and put back together.

Before I could seal them up I had to scrape all of the old sealant off, I recommend using a 3M Roloc Bristle Disk on a right angle die grinder:

Once I got the wheels cleaned and bolted back together I sealed it up with some GE Aluminum and Metal Silicone sealant. In a bottle like this:

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote