View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
You could do this swap for way less then 6k. If you just want to do a ge swap you can get one from a junked sc300 and a r154 transmission from a mk3 supra turbo. The expensive parts of this swap are the conversion bellhousing (which runs about $340) to mate the 7m r154 with the 2jz and the driveshaft. Mount kits can be had for fairly cheap depending on who you buy them from and the swap itself is fairly straight forward as long as you have some experience with wiring and reading wiring diagrams. If I remember right when I was considering this swap the total was somewhere around $2000-2500 for everything, granted that was using a junkyard motor and transmission. I ended up ditching the idea in favor of a sr20 swap because it just made more sense to me in the long run. If you do decide to try this swap I would not use the motor from your is300 since I see no reason to ruin a perfectly good car.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote