View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #11
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertsi View Post
my question is this, if voting is such a cherished pass-time of supposedly free societies then why are we not given the chance to actually vote on issues that would affect the common citizenry instead of only voting on which person gets elected to whichever "official" office? i don't remember having the chance to vote on obamacare, or auditing the fed, or income tax, or government bail-outs, and i could keep going. but oh yeah it's a representative form of government.
Answer - A vast majority of people could not care less about politics and/or non-presidential elections. The country struggles to get a majority of it's citizens to vote in presidential elections.

However, if we had higher participation - all the stuff you are whining about would have much stronger support (for the Dems that is) as the country has shifted to a center-dem position. The things you listed (besides the ACA which is still majority supported when you factor in the amount of people who think the act does not go far enough) are not even supported by a minority of the minority of the minority.

Sorry bud.
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote