View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
So I have a few questions being a fellow 25 owner:
How did you do the port matching? Just color the head with a marker and line the IM up to it?
Who did you send the turbo off to to change the wheels out? How many pounds will you safely be able to run with metal compressor wheels vs those ceramic ones? Will spool time be greatly effected? Will you also port the exhaust manifold or do you see a reason to?
Yeah I marked around the ports matched up the IM gasket and etched the Gaskets ports and dremeled it out. The head did not needed to be ported seeing that the gaskets were a perfect match to the ports.

Turbo is going to be sent off to an Aussie shop called Hyper Gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperGear
Also the Max boost which the high flow can handle depending on the type of turbine housing that you want to send in or what we can find here. Generally standard RB25det turbine housing can handle about 16psi making about 240rwkws while the RB25detNEO turbine housings can handle about 18psi making around 260rwkws.
If you need we can provide the PU service which runs of a customized .82 turbine housing that is good for 20psi and 280rwkws .
The oil feeding line needs to have minimum of 3mm inner diameter including all the fittings on the way. We can supply the oil feeding line for $80AUD additional.
I will not port the Exhaust either seeing that this is just kinda a DD with some spirited Driving. But like said before the Stock ports are already match though. I will port match the turbo flanges though.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit