View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 12:27 AM   #21
CrudeTech

Trader Rating: (0)
CrudeTech is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Justified rant...

I guess you're right. The title of the post is properly misleading.

My dilemma is more along the lines of: How do I make the current wheel/tire combo fit the wheel wells without going broke, as I need that money for one of those mortgage-things.

I totally get the "buy new wheels" argument. I'm not against new wheels and tires, but not right now, as I still have those 3 brand new 235 spare tires sitting in a shed. Can't see myself dropping that sort of cash of wheels instead of paint, considering the wheels are perfectly fine apart from the tight fitment, when there's hardly any paint on the car. And I sorta like the look of those cheap Chinese wheels of mine.

An eventual track-only set of wheels/tires would include tougher, cheaper, possibly smaller wheels. For some reason, I really like Cragar Soft 8s and the like. But those things are properly heavy...

And yes, the car is a contradiction at the moment. I'm trying to straighten things out.

The car is running on a set of ISR coilovers. I know they're not the best, but the car was built on a tight budget with a focus on getting the car back to a safe, reliable, drivable state by the previous owner. And I do have to say he succeeded.