View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 01:02 PM   #102
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscene View Post
awesome work. looking forward to your progress!
Thanks! your build is coming along nice too! (have seen a couple videos!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I run my front mount in the bumper (lets be honest, intercoolers look cool) and with the silvia front I was able to flip my core and run the pipes on the top and put the piping between the headlights and radiator. If you want pictures, let me know (or find my build thread) Food for thought.
The more i think about it and now that you pointed it out, i think i will run an upsidedown intercooler. they do look pretty sweet behind the bumper! (i did some poking around your thread too for pics!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcbar View Post
sexy build
Thanks!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

After spending some time disassembling the engine block, it all looks ok and ill be making a electrolysis tank and dunking the block for a day or so, to clean the surface rust and clean all the thread holes and also the cooling system (freeze plugs ect ect).

After taking the block apart I decided to take apart the Subframe. started with the arms and Diff, then moved onto the subframe bushings.

started with the fire method (Didn't work!!)

Waste of Time

Ended up cutting out the rubber inner section and cutting a slit in the sleeves, trying my best to not cut into the subframe...

Since we've had a couple days of lovely 40* plus weather here in PA. I started by cleaning up the holes where the bushings go with a wire wheel on a drill, and tried it (with a cup wheel) on the rest to clean it up but it didnt work that well. So I decided to get the Sand blaster out and go to town.

Before

After

Just using play sand for now. Might swing by Tractor Supply and grab a bag or 2 of fine blasting sand to run through as a finish before painting.

Also, I moved an old boiler from my basement to the garage to use as a wood stove. It Had to be taken apart to move it in 4 sections to the garage (**Thanks BurnsAuto**).... I re-assembled it and set it in its place.

might get to use it this winter!!
Back side

Front side
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote