View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 03:25 PM   #9
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Composites View Post
Thanks for the tips.

1. I have done acetone smoothing and I don't like it. It takes away too much detail. I use a 3d print coating that I can color to get the desired finish. After it cures I can wetsand and polish it if I even need.

2. This was just a quick idea I threw up to generate interest. I will show some "finished" pieces very soon. Only time I have warping issues is when I print without a brim.

3. You are completely right with the bottom layer looking the best. I have tried some prints upside down and they do come out really good.

4. Absolutely right that manufacturers use different techniques to produce ABS parts (mostly injection or press molding) compared to additive manufacturing that is used here. But, nonetheless, its still ABS plastic and has a higher extrusion temperature then most other materials so it will not just melt off of your car.

Still waiting for mine lol