View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #139
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
Here's my take on this.
It's a thick piece of metal it will not break apart however
what you are paying is for the ability to bitch and complain if there are problems.

For example, the 2 parts "look" the same, but what if when you install the ebay knock off
and every time you shift there's a noise?

All that money and time spent putting it in and it's becomes nothing more then
an annoying problem.

When you have a company behind a product, they actually do RnD and revision to the product to insure the quality and fitment, therefor you can actually call them and tell them what's wrong with the product vs ebay you are SOL.

Yes, my craftsman and snapon tools "look" the same to me, but when you have been stripping old rusty jdm front clips over 10 years you'll will not appreciate the play the lesser quality tools have over the nice precision fitment tools.

Nothing is worst then a stripped nut or bolt, it creates problem and waste of time.
That's why for all the 8,10,12,14,17mm I have Snapon, it's expensive but at the end
it save me time and money which pays for the difference in pricing.

Last I want to educate people new to this industry, it's a very bad industry for profit especially for retailers.

The average shop makes a profit margin of 15 to 20% which is very low if you know anything about business, and ebay takes about 9% for fees which means the only items
that can survive are no name brand make in china knock off parts due to the low cost.

Experienced ebayer can tell you that name brand stuff is actually higher in price on ebay due to ebay seller increase profit margin to pay for the ebay fees.

In this economy, most retail store don't perform labor will go under, and the bigger they are the faster they fall.

Most company will move toward internet base only vs retail store to cut down cost of operation so they can be competitive in pricing, what that means to you is you'll lose the convenient of same day shopping and advice/help, you'll have to turn to internet for research and help on products.

Just my 5cent,

Sam