View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 09:16 PM   #10
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan2nr22 View Post
Very cool good stuff to see
Thanks! Stay tuned for much much more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Somebody needs to go ahead & drop a swap kit for this. Seriously my favorite combo right now. Would also love to see a crazy KA-T Z32.
The only issue with making a kit for this is the extra effort that goes into dropping this motor into a Z32. Its not like all the JZ's, RB's and LS's into Schassis vehicles, the Z is a bit more limited on space. The stock motor is rear sump instead of front sump so crossmember modification is required and most people who swap Z's keep the original transmission which means the kit would more than likely need to be much much more than just a set of mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
I am all about making a production run to help these guys but not enough commitment to make it happen. atleast not something I would be willing to put my name on.
I totally agree with you about there not being enough people out there right now who want this swap. Most Z32 owners love the VG because you can do breather mods and make 500rwhp and 500rwtq on a stock motor with stock turbos. The DETT swap is cheap and easy where as swapping an SR in right now is tedious.

I hope my swap will make more want to do it. I received mostly positive feedback on a local based Z32 Facebook page recently, other than a few hating on the SR in general. Most Z owners see an SR as just a little 4 cyl that isn't worth a damn. Making them see past that is going to take a lot of work, but I hope my car will be an eye opener for Z guys who don't want to go the DETT route.
tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote