View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 07:08 AM   #82
puliukk0

Trader Rating: (0)
puliukk0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph1tnessjunk1e View Post
I noticed that with Maverick the other day. Would removing the pin on the gearbox or shaving it down cause issues? I think not since the pins/holes are there for the JZ, plus bolts will keep it aligned... Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you remove gearbox side pins, gearbox isnt fully aligment. Because bolt holes arent 100% aligment (thats why need pins to center). For this reason stock engine and gearbox have pins to keep it straight.

Same reason why need centering rings or right size center hole in wheels. Because wheel bolts doesnt center wheel 100%.

Remember stock car have only one pair of pins (center engine to gearbox) because there isnt adapter plate. When you add adapter you need one pair for engine and one for gearbox. (center engine to plate and plate to gearbox)

Maverick plate is only 10mm and need flush kind bolts for this reason, they dont center anything (and plate has engine side pins already centering). But when you dont center gearbox with 100% with pins it can (and seems to be) slighty off and cause problems!

Sorry for my English skills its not my first language!
puliukk0 is offline   Reply With Quote