Thread: Send them back?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 03:58 AM   #20
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantwo3 View Post
Some of these kids really do have a rough life, but then again so do the other millions of kids that you DONT hear about.

I as an immigrant from mexico coming from a immigrant family, we feel for these kids because at one time that was us, but no one gave my family humanitarian aid or a refugee home we had to PAY just like every other immigrant to become residents later to become citizens. if anyone has ever gone threw this process than you know its alot of money and the main thing WE PAY TAXES.

So i think they should send them back. how can countries not give a shit about THERE citizens because of gangs? corruption? Fucken do something about it we dont ask other countries to fix our gang and corruption problems. I really feel sad when i see these kids on tv i ask myself where the hell are there parents at? the only people who are gona the shit end of the stick is the U.S tax payers and it will open a huge door for other countries and more immigrants to rush kids moms baby's to the border that for the most part DONT PAY TAXES. its like when Fidel Castro opened up the cuban harbor to let people go and he sent all the criminals.

Bottem line i feel sad for the KIDS, but its not fair to the TAX payers and other people who have been threw the system and earned there place in the U.S.
Clearly what we've been doing for the past 20 years hasnt been effective at all.
Once we send them back they will just give it another try once again. This time more likely as a hardened criminal.
Parents are sending their children along with their life savings to escape death. So for those of you who were lucky to immigrate here and say they aren't sacrificing is completely ridiculous. In central America, it's getting to the point that either the youth joins a gang or dies. You we're lucky and had much better circumstances than others. Because you were able to do something is never a justification why a million others can.
This has not even remotely close to what Fidel Castro did. Children don't equal hardened criminals

What's fair for the taxpayers is irrelevant right now. It's going to cost you alot more in the future than what it would now. Eventually it's going to get so bad we're going to have to hit this problem head on. Or just continue to ignore it and the number of illegals trying to make it through the border by 1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Take all the money from Israel and give it to Mexico's 2 uncorrupted government officials to fix their country.

We are trying to perform open heart surgery on Mexico with a spork and confused why it isn't helping... all while arguing about whether we should be using a fork or spoon instead...

But, Israel... GIVE THEM ALL THE MONEY!
Lobbying at its finest
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
Send them back. More than half of them won't have anything positive to contribute to the U.S.
It is pretty cruel with the fact that they are children but still, can't go around the world trying to help everyone out.
I believe no other country but their own can fix themselves. That will take people to stand up and fight for their safety, they are only facing other humans just like them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
We shouldn't be sending any US tax dollars to any other country. And Mexico effectively disarmed most of their citizenry, so naturally the criminals will be the primary ones with guns. I remember reading about some vigilante group in Mexico that obtained some firearms and was going after the cartels. Don't know how far they got, but that would be a start to turning around the corruption in their country.
You don't become the most powerful country in the world by acting isolationist. Sorry but hegemonies are the world police. With great power comes great responsibility(cheesy but true). And yeah you can't help everyone. But in this situation why would you not? I can't change the channel without seeing someone complain about the violence, higher taxes etc. Complain, complain, complain, but do nothing.

There has to be direct action with these governments to help/force them solve the problems, instead of sending money to corrupt politicians

Just think of the trillions of dollars we could of spent in the Americas and how much better this side of the world would be right now. I guarantee they would have better economies and we would have far less trouble from illegal immigration and gang violence
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote