View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #24
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncade View Post
Hey OP,

Update the Ruckus Racing/Zerolift Mounts to "Terrible - Stay away"

I bent mine before the car was even driven hard. Zerolift offers no help or signs of caring.

Just an FYI for fellow members!

WOW, that SUCKS! thank's for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToast View Post
I haven't fully read all of this but I already have one remark. Get rid of the TCTB and either use an ebay TB or an oversized 1J one. That will help your Intake coupler clear the radiator better and produce better flow. Or just remove the TB and cut the TC stuff off and use a mildly longer coupling.
KA radiator is a must.
I had the same heat issues in my old coupe with a 1JZ and stock twins.
If ZeroLift hasn't changed their mount kit since I used it about a year ago, then highly advise aginst purchasing it. I had to custom knotch the mounts and some other jenky stuff to get fitment.
I would recommend either dual pusher fans or a V-mount setup(doing that on my next swap). And a low *C thermostat. Something like the TRD one or colder. Or just don't run one.
Also the problem I ran in to with Puller fans is that tyou have trouble finding a hight enough CFM in such a skinny fan. The lack of space between the fans and pulley's/timing cover cause a major air flow issue. Along with the variable of what front bumper you use, intercooler size and placement. I advise against using a stock front bumper(IMO). You risk overheating at low speeds.
Custom PS line works great, that's what I did. If I recall correctly mine was about 18 inches overall of braided stainless. And the return line off the reservoir will always leak on s13 if you've ever taken it off. Degrease everything and try a little bit of black form-a-gasket or Toyota FIPG where it clamps on.

If I can think of anything else that can help, I'll chime in. Otherwise It's good to see someone else sharin the knowledge.
Thanks for the added info. i will try and add some of this into the first post. If not, everyone can see it when they keep reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2024d View Post
Thanks for wasteing space in this thread. if you want to see MY BUILD thread go here: http://zilvia.net/f/chat/223490-2jz-...ect-300sx.html