View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #605
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Oh crap!!! Really? Shit.... man, chest things are scary cause compression and shock to the heart can be serious.... Man I am scared to ride in students cars.... When I had my HPDE instructor I had just came back from a tune and the car had MAD torque.... Spun off into the first turn... God I hate Infineon, I didn't go out with the group cause the instructor was late to my session because she was right before mine. So the 1st corner onto the track is uphill and blind corner behind me. SO Scary, I spun out, clipped the edge of the track with my tire and rim was gone. Day was over, sucks.....

After that I went to Laguna and that is the best track hands down. MY GOD you get the right line, late apex turn in, most corners can hold so much speed its nutz... I was always pegging 3rd and 4th... Staying with some z06's on 315's pretty good driver veteran on the track and it was my first time. Now its note to self, 1st session, turn off boost controller, 2nd session mid boost, 3rd session start settling on high boost. Stupid suspension is too stiff so it really pitches the chassis hard when I hit a bump.... Overall good times!

Hope you feel better! Keep this thread going cause I love reading about others experiences on the track... maybe next time I can rig something with an old camera to shoot the session....

Really sucks about your story, car did the EXACT same thing when I was at Laguna... 2 out side wheels dropped cause he went too wide, stupid guy was trying to keep me in the back like a race or soething. Front wheel comes on, he gases, shoots all the way across in front of me, luckily I slowed down when his wheel dropped.... And of course LAST session of the day... idiots come out.... I sometimes re-evaluate running the last sessions.... Cooling track temps, lost of grip, drivers trying to go for their hot laps, accidents happen.

Tech question, Have you run porterfield R4 the race pad? What you think compared what you use? What brake booster you using too?