View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #602
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Alright guys, long time since ive posted an update to tracking or car mods so here goes the catch up.

Switched out the damaged pads and rotors for new rotors and Carbotech XP12 pads up front. Installed a front tension arm brace and Battle version tension arms. All these changes deffinitly got rid of my previously aweful wheel shake. Rebalanced teh car after my last battery relocation, it handles very well now and i think i am actually going to step up my spring rates again to 12k/10k and raise the dampening.

Suspension alignment: -3.3* up front and -2* rear has actually helped plant the rear better in high speed corners and i am getting very even tire wear. Next even i will have temperature setup for recording results and see more there, otherwise i am very very happy with the setup, and no plans to change it any more.

Last event was a monday tuesday at Summit Point with Trackdaze.com, lots of track time, almost 4hrs total, not including extra sessions for instructors. I did 2 hrs monday and 1.5hrs tuesdy, then i was just tired from lots of heat and instructing, so i bailed early tuesday to relax and wake up. My overall laptimes are improving and my consistency is going way up. A few small areas i am running out of rpm's and too close to the next corner to upshift then downshift, so i may just have to deal with it and cruise and find a way to get more speed. The brake setup was amazing, the Carbotech's give a softer pedal feel than the Cobalt XR2's but brake just as well, the softer pedal leaves a little confidence building since they arnt as aggressive as the Cobalts, once you work past it tho they are amazing.

I have a few videos of clean laps chasing an STI and one of a crazy WRX that i keep up with then spins in front of me. Enjoy videos and feel free to critique, i take it all in stride and try new things at any event.

Summit Main 7/09 on Vimeo

Summit Main Trackdaze 7/09 on Vimeo

WRX video coming soon...

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote