View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #29
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
I checked out one before i bought my NB, it was 10k and it was a fucking dog. All the clean ones seem to be going for about 20k, which honestly is not bad for the caliber of car it is. The price of cleaning these things up is so ridiculous i'd rather pick up a clean, low mileage one than something that needs lovin'.

Suspension wise i'll probably go coilovers and replace bushings at the same time. I'm just worried about VANOS maintenance.
well to be fair unless you get a ppi done and see a stack of receipts the 20k one might not be a better buy than the 10k one.

gotta work out the #s sometimes, 10k car with 10k in new parts might be a viable path.

and yeah it sucks when the VANOS is going but its one of those things where once its done and over with you dont gotta worry about it for a very long time.

either way good chance youre going to come out on top bc it will def become a collectors item with future appreciation happening.