View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #21
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundPerformance View Post
It's simple you can't dismiss any setup just because they're plenty of people who turbo their NA motors and choose to cut corners. Any setup done right can be just as reliable as long as you stay within limits. SR20DE+T or KA24-T doesn't matter. You should find some KA-T threads post the same thing since your basis is the same anyways.

You're like saying something and taking it right back in the same line.. This applies to any motor not just S15 NA.
This is what you should have posted to begin with, and yes it applies to everybody and every engine, which is why I said it to begin with: it was a true statement, my ass was covered and nobody could disagree, which is what you tried to do, and failed, which means you did not really read it the first time around;

I like to use truthful statements when I type to the internet, dont you? Makes it easier for people to sort through the bullshit.

Quote:
Simply put, he's in Okinawa Japan. He can pick up a damn DET turbo for less than $500, and get that swapped in. If you have that option, would you really wanna fuck around with going SR20DE-T? He'd probably spend atleast $100 just trying to find a good T25 turbo, manifold, and elbow. Then he'd still have to fuck around with the oil lines. Once he figure out how he's gonna do that, then he still have to fuck around with getting it tuned.

Besides, if this kid is asking this kind of question...I highly doubt he knows anything about tuning. Only thing that I can see that folks in Japan would fuck with for this setup is a SAFC. Would you really trust a SAFC on a DE-T on shitty 86 base gas? He can buy off base gas and spent $120 on a tank of gas.
This is very good advice, and I will say the same exact thing in a different way:

There are many possibilities to make mistakes for the inexperienced when attempting to turbocharge a non-turbo engine, including but not limited to:
oil lines/restriction/return
gaskets/bolt pattern
OEM limitations are not observed
tuning, including fuel system

Many folks are simply do have the patience, and cannot forestall all of the risks of modifying an internal combustion engine. Even engineers are learning from their mistakes; everybody starts somewhere, and ends up somewhere, but very few people graduate to rocket science physics from hands on mechanic work experience errors- which means comparing the organic structure of the desired fuel being used with the inlet constituents and properties for the combustion process is not thoroughly being sorted. Many of these jobs are plug and pray.

If the op wants a turbocharger on his SR20 engine, I would strongly advise he acquire an engine that comes equipped with a turbocharger from the factory. The cost is not so much greater than what he is faced with now, and the effort will be rewarded with elimination of guess work, except where concerning the quality of the fuel and such variables that cannot directly be accounted for regularly (there is always a risk of bad gas).
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote