View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #17
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
I used to work in one of the big name auto parts stores, I've seen some stuff that is just 'how the fuck did you do this?'

But I'll never forget the waterpump this guy brought in. The fins/blades were paper thin, like tin foil. I mean, was the guy running salt water in the fucking radiator?

I cannot view imgur so idk what that pic is.

what motor you got? SR?

my initial thought, and why I asked if you have actually looked at the pump, is that you aren't flowing enough water.

At higher RPM you generate more heat, and water pump turns faster to compensate. But when you are at higher rpm the engine cant cool quick enough. this makes me think water flow.

Have you flushed the system? old hoses, could have blockage? Fresh new coolant to go with with ur new rad?
yea SR20 and i have not looked up the pump internally. and what you said about being low rpm with high heats is EXACTLy what i was thinking. i still have some really old hoses which will be looped when i do the water pump.
oLemurs is offline   Reply With Quote